535 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G3 7DL
Architect: Unknown Listing: None No of Seats: 250
Status: Closed as a Cinema – Building Repurposed Opened: 1910 Closed: 1913
Opened circa June 1910, and closed 1913. Also known as the Vaudeville, it had an L-shaped auditorium with a screen in the middle. The audience in the rear auditorium had to watch the film whilst looking in a mirror. Exists as the Charing Cross Post Office.
The marvellous domed ceiling stylistically pre-dates the cinema, but explains why the premises were chosen in the first place.