1046 Maryhill Rd, Glasgow, G20 9TE
Architect: AV Gardner Listing: None No of Seats: 900 / 1,799
Status: Demolished Opened: 1912 Closed: 1966
Opened December 1912 by the Maryhill Star Palace Ltd. Designed by AV Gardner, seating was for 900.
Comprehensively reconstructed & renamed in 1930, again to designs by Gardner. It could now seat 1,799. Closed in October 1966, and later used as a car showroom. It was finally demolished in 1978.
Exterior photo courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive. Interior picture c.1930 courtesy of the Gould Theatre Collection.