Kino (Regent), Leven

17-19 Commercial Rd, Leven, Fife, KY8 4LE

Architect: Roden & Anderson  Listing: C-Listed (1999)   No of Seats: Unknown

Status: Open and Operational   Opened: 1922 / 2010   Closed: 1973 / N/A

Official website: http://thekinocinema.co.uk/leven

Other information: Opened 1922. Classical ‘church-style’ with Art Deco int details. Regarded as nicer than the Troxy. Now Gala bingo Fixed red plush flip seats retained in gallery.

Cinema seats still in balcony. Until recently a Gala bingo, in late 2009 the building was leased by the Leven Community Cinema group, who refurbished and restored the interior, who re-opened it as a cinema in 2010 as the Regent Community Cinema.

In 2014 it was taken over in 2014 by Graeme Reekie, a young entrepreneur who also owns the Kino cinema in Glenrothes. It was renamed the Kino Leven at this time.

Image from Google streetview, July 2016.

Leave a Reply