131 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AH
Architect: Unknown Listing: B-Listed (1985) No of Seats: 500
Status: Unknown Opened: 1912 Closed: 1973
Other information: Opened as Princes Cinema, 1912, seating 500, also had tea room & smoking room. Sold to Lucas’s, 1920s. Remodelled as Monseigneur News Theatre 1935.
Reconstructed as Jacey 1964. Closed May 1973.
Entrance was where Halifax Bank’s large glass window is now.
Image c.1930s courtesy of the Scottish Screeen Archive at the National Library of Scotland.