Architect: Unknown Listing: C-Listed (1993) No of Seats: 1,500
Status: Closed, Building empty Opened: 1887 Closed: 1958
Opened 1887 as the Victoria (Music) Hall, seating 1,500.
Renovated & renamed the Playhouse in 1909 – becoming Hamilton’s first cinema. Renamed the Granada, 19??
Reverted to live theatre use as Granada Theatre, in December 1947. Closed in 1958. Now derelict after a period as shop use. Plans have been submitted to demolish the auditorium for flats, but to retain the frontage.
Photo courtesy Norrie Mcnamee.