Picturedrome / Eastway, Edinburgh

8 Easter Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5RG

Architect: Unknown   Listing: C-Listed (2002)  No of Seats: 600 / 875

Status: Closed as Cinema – Building Repurposed   Opened: 1912   Closed: 1961

Other information: Purpose built in 1912 by Alex Black. Later G Palmer. Renamed Eastway in 1943, enlarged to seat 875. Closed 1961, Later supermarket – with cinema details still to be seen outside and in. 

 

Leave a Reply