23 High St, Paisley, Renfrewshire, PA1 2AF
Architect: George Boswell Listing: B-Listed Facade (1985) No of Seats: 2,300
Status: Facade only – Interior demolished Opened: 1918 Closed: 1960s
Other information: Opened c. 1918. Arch G Boswell. s. 2,300. Rebuilt, 2.30. Sold to West Regent.
Opened c.1912, designed by architect George A Boswell. Rebuilt, reopened in February 1930, when seating was for 2,300. Sold to the West Regent Circuit (Winocour), in August 1936. Sold to Green’s. Sold to Mecca in the 1960s, from which time it was a Mecca Bingo. Closed and the auditorium was demolished in the late-1980s for a shopping centre development. Facade is B-listed.