260A High Street, Kirkcaldy, Fife, KY1 1LA
Architect: JD Swanston / CJ McNair Listing: B-Listed (1997) No of Seats: 2,000
Status: Building at Risk Opened: 1928 Closed: 2000
Other information: This property changed hands many times over the years. First built as the King’s Theatre, it has also been known as the Hippodrome / Opera House Regal / ABC and Cannon. When it was closed in 2000 it was called the MGM.
Opened 1928 by SCVT in RC Buchanan’s King’s Theatre of 1904. Arch. JD Swanston. s. 2,000. Rebuilt, 1937. Arch. CJ McNair. Continued as ABC until late 90s. For sale at reduced price, ?200,000, 5.2001.
Images above as the ABC above courtesy of ‘dusashenka‘.