484 London Road / Canning Street Glasgow Glasgow
Architect: WB Inglis Listing: None No of Seats: 1,409
Status: Demolished Opened: 1930 Closed: 1962
Opened on Hogmanay 1930 by ABC. The architect was WB Inglis, and the building originally sat 1,409. It was sold to Harry Winocour in 1939, then sold to Green’s in November 1954.
It closed as a cinema in April 1962, and was used as a bingo hall, before being demolished in 1971.
Photo courtesy of Scottish Screen Archive.