24 Titchfield Street, Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, KA1 1PA
Architect: Alexander Cullen / CJ McNair (alterations) Listing: B-Listed (2002) No of Seats: 1,853
Status: Building at Risk Opened: 1913 Closed: 1999
Other information: This building changed hands many times over the years. Formerly known as: King’s / Regal / Cannon / MGM, and the ABC at the time of its closure in 1999.
Built as a live Theatre (Kings), 1.10.04. Arch. Alexander Cullen. s. 1,268. Films from 1913. Sold to RC Buchanan for cinema, 1916. Sold to SCVT, 1920. Largely rebuilt (facade mainly unaltered), renamed, 17.12.34. Arch. C McNair. s. 1,853. Twinned, 1973 – bingo in stalls, cinema (upstairs) s. 602. Cinema tripled, 1.8.76. Closed 1999.